Thursday, January 20, 2011

Tucson

To me the best friendships are the ones that endure no matter what has happened or how much time has passed since you last spoke or saw each other. I'm the luckiest person because I have friends who are my family and stand by me no matter what. I came to Tucson last night to visit my dear friend Mindy who I haven't seen in 13 years. She welcomed me into her home with open arms and it felt like no time had gone by at all. We reconnected online and she sent me one of the most touching messages I have ever received and it felt like she knew at that exact moment that I needed a friend and support and I will be forever grateful. I felt at peace and so relaxed today and I realized that I haven't felt like this in YEARS! Her family is so  amazing and even though it was the first time I met her hu, band and three beautiful children I feel like I've known them for years and am part of the family. Mindy and Adrian are so supportive and have given me wonderful advice. Again I am so very lucky! I won't know for certain where I'm supposed to be until I finish my trip but I wish I had planned more time at each place. I know 100% that I will be back in Tucson.....soon.

I got my nose pierced today. I've wanted to do it since high school and was always too scared. That's crazy considering I have six tattoos. It just felt right today. We had a wonderful day walking around with Mindy's two year old...I wish I had a quarter of his energy. We played at the park, played at a fountain and saw the most beautiful sunset. I'm sad to leave but I know in my heart I will come back. In a year of epic fails I am blessed to have epic wins and reconnecting with my dear friend Mindy is an epic win.

Next stop.....Phoenix

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE you and miss you SO-Oo much already! Forever come hell or high water, sickness and health, fat or skinny, man or no man, you my dear friend are an angel and I am SO-OO blessed to have you in my life. My you travel safely to your next destination, and come swiftly back in my direction :)! Val, you are a gift to the world that most have not yet opened their eyes to see. Someday they will SEE all of you for ALL that you are, and ALL that you offer. I am so glad that I got to share a piece of time with you, and see all that beauty again. Thank you!
    With MUCH love and MANY blessings
    Mindy

    ReplyDelete